One of mine and my son's favorite bands right now so I feature an artist spotlight edition a half hour radio show of their music so far including their latest "A Mad and Faithfull Telling" and track from "Nightmare Revisited" also "Little Miss Sushine" OST among others. Enjoy!
DeVotchKa the four piece multi-instrumental and vocal ensemble that fuses Romani, Greek, Slavic, Bolero, Mariachi (and many more styles) music with American punk and folk roots. They take their name from Anthony Burgess' Nadsat word for "young girl," which is itself derived from the Russian word (девочка) of the same meaning. Based in Denver, Colorado, the quartet is made up of Nick Urata, who sings and plays theremin, guitar, bouzouki, piano, and trumpet; Tom Hagerman, who plays violin, accordion, and piano; Jeanie Schroder, who sings and plays sousaphone and double bass; and Shawn King, who plays percussion and trumpet.
1. The First Push - Little Miss Sushine OST (2006)
2. The Enemy Guns - How It Ends (2004)
3. Devotchka - Super Melodrama (2002)
4. Comrade Z - A Mad And Faithfull Telling (2008)
5. Death by Blonde - Una Volta (2003)
6. Overture - Nightmare revisited VA (2008)
7. Danglin Feet - Super Melodrama (2002)
8. How It Ends - Little Miss Sushine OST/How It Ends (2004-06)