Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Mashups & Mixes Vol 1
Download Mp3 26.5mb (28:53)
I've been enjoying alot of Mashups, Mixes, Collage Art, audio latley There is tremendous talent in Remix, Reuse, Resampling into new audio artforms from old ones I am constantly in awe of some of the artists & Dj's out there so of course I had to do a show featuring only a sampling (no pun intended)of this growing trend of artistic ability.
Featuring artists: Deaf In The Family, Team9, Mochipet, Voicedude, People Like Us,Totom and Splice of Life Inc.
Collage is the act of appropriating existing messages to make new ones. Literally
anything can be considered collage fodder: in the visual realm this usually means
photographs and printed material, bits of which are selected and blended together on a
new canvas to produce a new picture or interpretation.
In the worlds of audio and video, collage is much more difficult to make: the source
material isn't static and neither is the final product. The issue of copyright is also
much more likely to come into play when making collages from popular music, film,
television programs or commercials.
The act of appropriation is not theft. It is a legitimate and established artistic
technique to further the interpretation of existing works.
- Team9 - Enter Never Never Land
- Mochipet - Yes vs No Means No - Combat Album
- Deaf In The Family - Guns of Brooklyn Feat: Scavone
- Splice of Life Inc. - Spliceway to Heaven
Check out: 101 cover versions of Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven at WFMU
- Voicedude & Amzing Techincolor Dream Boot - Henry Mancini Vs. Jimi Hendrix Vs. Eiffel 65 Vs. Ice-T Vs. Psychedelic Furs Vs. Pink Floyd Vs. The Fixx Vs. The Dells Vs. Cyndi Lauper Vs. Moody Blues
- People Like Us - Nobody Does - Album: Abridged-Too-Far
- Totom (Bob Dylan vs. Pixies) - Blowin' in my Mind 
Check out: Some Assembly Required Podcast/Radio show
Collage artists/Media Collage and Mashups: Diy Media, Mashuptown
PDR is aired weekly on KRFP(Radio free Moscow) 92.5fm Moscow Idaho Weds, 10pm - 11pm Also on Upstart Radio and always on Freak Radio Santa Cruz 101fm every tuesday at 2pm